Chinese/Taiwan 4” Dual Cone Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would you mind sharing some pics of your mod? I can't really ficure out how to apply blue tac and how much...
Did you try to apply the EnABLed painting pattern?

Application around the edge of the whizzer is to control 10KHz and above. On the main cone 12 cm from the voice coils damps 8/9Khz. Its trial and error process and the added mass will definitely change T/S parameters. Even the shape of the added mass affects the reponse and phase, so lot of experiment.

Blue graph is before application of damping on whizzer and Red is after application.
Both response have damping on the main coil to control 8/9Khz

Attachments

• DSC_0059.JPG
    DSC_0059.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 708
  • whizzer cone.jpg
    whizzer cone.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 710
They sound really good, I used the original measurements. I think to build the TABAQ floor standers with them because its easy build and you get great sound and great bass out of them. Before them i was listening to logitech 525 2.1 system and i don't miss them.

Hi!

Did you use original BSC (1.5mH and 6.7ohm) like in TABAQ box instructions or your own design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.