wharfdale super 10/RS/DD filter ideas needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just recently i was given these old vintage speakers. I was using them as an extension for my guitar set up, they sounded all right and measured well enough, but not great.
Well today i opened the cabinets up to reveal that they're the vintage wharfdale super 10/RS/DD speaker units. I did bit of a look around on the net, i didn't find too much. But does anyone know, or know of some filters and/or a super tweeter combination to run with these units.

any suggestions welcomed.

richard

Yes, i had seen this on Troel's site, very good article to read. He had them crossed with Vifa XT25 tweeter. He hasn't provided the crossover though sadly. I actually found a suggested notch filter to use on these 10/RS/DD units. I still wouldn't mind a 2-way suggestion to pop up.

Alright i came up with a suitable parrallel notch filter to use with these Super 10 loudspeakers. When i measured there was a noticable 10db peak centered at 2.5KHz. Anyway the filter should, did eliminate this peak. There was a noticable tonal balance, it sounded much better.

For future reference for those who seek some advice like i did.

Using a 27ohm resistor, 0.82mh coil, 5uF capacitor, wired parrallel to one another. I connected the notch filter to positive line before the loudspeaker, and the other end to the positive input signal.

Hope this helps others

Anyway now to build some birch ply cabinets for these to give to my grandfather.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.