can anyone tell me about Fonovox ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The cabinet design is reminisant of a single i had thru here. I like it. The drivers are RSC. The tweeters aren't much to get excited about. The 6.5" full-range could be one of th emore interesting ones. That basket was used to house a number of different cones, and yours have the medium small alnico motor. Can you pull the driver and post a picture of the front (be careful, when undoing the nuts it is far too easy to pull the driver part way up and accidentially drop it on one of the bolts sticking out from the baffle punchering the cone)

dave

snapshots.... woofer and tweeter

what dyer think ?

Attachments

• IMG_9957_S1.jpg
    IMG_9957_S1.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9955_S2.jpg
    IMG_9955_S2.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_9956_S3.jpg
    IMG_9956_S3.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 105
Hello ! that's what I'm doing : using old drivers as waveguides ! I know those could be obtained with a few bucks ,the plastic ones ...but the time those WG take for coating ,and sanding,and coating..and sanding is priceless !! Haha It's summertime and just doing that I'm sweating a lot ! WG are good for any tweeter ,paper cone ,dome ,specially the anular ones like Vifas .

...specially the anular ones like Vifas .
I was meaning ring radiator . Cut the magnet away ,also half of steel of the basket . Pull off the wires and remove the resinous glue ,then make a hole of 1 or 2 inches. That's it . then comes the difficult part :making the tweeter aligning perfectly to the waveguide .Oh sorry ! I see you're using loudspeakers with single driver ...well ,it's nice experimenting with theory and empiricism :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.