MarkAudio now at Madisound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Alpair 12 looks delicious! I just bought and continue to enjoy the TB 1808 so will have to wait a while before ordering these. May have to smuggle these into the house somehow but am running out of hiding spaces. Looks worth the trouble tho! I was happy to see 89db efficiency rather than mid 80s of their other drivers. Damn, the 8" full range driver market has several great choices!
Godzilla

Maybe I will have to go for a drive after work one of these days. I am still kicking myself for not picking up some FF85s.

well FWIW, the last time I checked the Madisound site, there was this note:

We will stock the new higher QTS version when it becomes available. Sorry, No ETA yet.

but let's not hold our breath waiting for that - Mark could well have several new models or generation revisions by that time

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have sent out a couple copies of the as not yet released Classic Golden Ratio Mar-Ken12.

ClassicGR-Mar-Ken12-3d.gif

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Differences would be pretty much limited to the nature & extension in the bass. The 2 designs are really aimed at 2 different needs based on their size.

In theory, the Pensil12, due to the larger box, has the potential for lower bass, but it may not be quite as controlled (also because it is large)... until someone builds both and can listen side-by-side it will only be guesswork (the Mar-Ken12, in any of its guises, has yet to be built, people are quite pleased with their Pensils)

This box sims to an F10 of 45-50 Hz,

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.