MarkAudio now at Madisound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd love to help but i'm around Philly Pa., sorry.
If it helps any, both boxes look easy enough to have a place like HD, Lowes, or local lumber yard cut to size. All you would need would be a router/circle cutting jig for the driver cutout and braces along with a drill and hole saws for the smaller ø holes.
you can rent a router and prob. clamps too for glue-up at some of the Home Depot locations.

Thanks, I'll look around. I haven't heard much positive feedback on getting HD to cut precisely, but I suppose it depends on who is working on any particular day. I just got a lead on an independent place the other day, so that's a possibility. Do have the router and circle jig to do the cutout. I'm anxious to hear these things and find out what all the fuss is about. - Pat

Starting in the hobby you will acquire tools. Stock Lumber in Appleton and places like it
can cut some stock without using the Home Depot style panel saw-- or not-- I haven't seen it to prove it. For an initial build the fact that the pieces for sides and so on are the same is a better gauge than who can measure to 1/64 in or whatever.

Oh, for first builds have them cut a couple extra blanks for front baffle to be on the safe side. In hobby work trying to do things one off is vexing.

There is a lot of help here on DIY audio.

Just thought of something else: perhaps Madisound where you are has a list of local woodworkers? Woodcrafters also maintains a bulletin board with offers on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.