Fostex FE207E PhasePlugs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks a lot for the kind offer Jesper, but the deed is done, no turning back now :happy1:
I was downtown, and passed a hobby shop, that was just like fate.
Too early to say something serious about the sound yet, but i have a feeling initially, that they are a bit "rounder" :confused:, if that term says anything. Still nice, but maybe a tad nicer now.

And Your'e right about the "closeness", it's Hyrdevej here.

All the best
Ebbe

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I believe i read somewhere, that the voicecoil was VERY close to the dustcap/whizzer, with the risk of cutting the coil by accident...

That only applies to the FE126/127 (and maybe only the older ones with the much squarer corners on the magnet cover)

Thanks alot for the heads-up, I take it, that i have to find a real scalpel, and not rely on what we, at least in DK, call a "hobby knife".

Hobby knife is another name. The one i use is similar to the top one pictured (and the shape of the blade i find works best). Make sure the blade is fresh.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

That only applies to the FE126/127 (and maybe only the older ones with the much squarer corners on the magnet cover)

Hobby knife is another name. The one i use is similar to the top one pictured (and the shape of the blade i find works best). Make sure the blade is fresh.

dave

Yes, i found out, that there was no risk of harming the voice coil, it was "far away" from the dustcap.
The knife in the bottom of this picture was the one i found, and just for the fun of it, i'm showing the one we call a "hobby knife" here, the red one.
Well, as i told Jesper (Lykkedk), the surgery is done, and i have a hard time defining the difference, (my ears are about the same age as my memory, hehe), but i feel happier with the sound, and really don't want to think i'm just imagining things.:D

Thanks a lot for Your mental support guys, i needed that.

All the best
Ebbe

Attachments

• Knife.JPG
    Knife.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 93
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.