B20 Build Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just built a small set of bookshelf speakers with the Pioneer B20 full range drivers and the 5/8" tweeters recommended in previous posts. I am very happy with the results but I would like a little more low end. I had all but decided to build the transmission line cabinets that Nelson Pass recommended when I stumbled across five Mccauley 6244 15" drivers for a song. I have not purchased them yet but they are available if I am interested. Now I am contemplated turning this "full range" project into what would be essentially a 3-way with an extended midrange driver.

The specs of the Mccauley driver are in PDF format here.

I don't know whether to just build the transmission lines (a proven design) and be done with it or try to incorporate these large drivers.

I do not know how to build a crossover so I guess I would just purchase a prebuilt low pass filter from PE and run the B20 full range.

Any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.