Fostex FE126En cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I've built bass reflex cabinet for Fostex FE126En driver. After many hours of listening I'm not satisfied by them. I've not room enough to build BIB's type of spakers, so I'm looking for a more performance project. I've seen helix (or spiral) but it seems nobody tried them! Any good link for a certainly working small project? Am I asking for the moon???

Thanks in advance

Z.

Is this the new production by Fostex, or the Planet10 modified (i.e. "EnABLed) driver?

It's too bad about the confusion likely to arise from the model designation that Fostex had chosen for the new series of FE drivers, but that's life.

The link that Don provided contains many well tested designs for the FE126E (and for that matter many Fostex siblings, as well other makes of drivers).

To extract the most of this particular driver's potential, expect a BLH of some description - I've personally heard or built at least 5 different designs with the older production FE126E, and FWIW my particular favorite so far has been the Ron Clarke A126.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If you have the new Fosted FE126En (as opposed to my modified FE126e, the FE126eN), then it is a relatively unknown beast.

Until we get some real world data we don't even know how suited it will be for Frugel-Horn Mk 1. It is however one of the target drivers for the Frugel-Horn Mk 3, which at this point has been green-lighted for test build. The new driver has nor yet landed in North America thou. FH3 will, if it works out, will be much simplier.

dave

Even if Frugal-Horns are very beutiful they seem to be quite difficult to build, having many angled parts. Or am I wrong?

There are no doubt many other DIY or public domain designs that would work well, but of those present at the FH site, there are tested designs that incorporate stepped manifold designs requiring only 90 degree cuts, albeit many of them!

For the FE126E, the Saburo has seen several successful builds
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

yes, a lotta parts, but the only one requiring an angle cut is the small prism shaped deflector at the back of the throat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.