Burmester B80

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This needs to be moved to the "Multi" forum.

as to the drivers..

http://hifi-regensburg.de/upload/CY62ab4e0aX125bd26d061XY4324/1261604468506/B_80.jpg

Tweeter BG Neo 3 element only using the inner two rows of emission.

Parts-Express.com:Bohlender Graebener Neo3-PDRW Planar Tweeter w/Back Cup | neo3pdr planar tweeter ribbon tweeter planar transducer
Zaph|Audio

2 mids appear to be the Seas Excel units, probably these:

THE ART OF SOUND PERFECTION BY SEAS - E0037-08S W15CH001
Zaph|Audio

..and as to the bass driver(s)? Well, at one time they used some sub-woofers from Visaton.. Specifically the 10" versions:
Visaton - Lautsprecher und Zubehör, Loudspeakers and Accessories
Welcome to E-Speakers.com - Very High End Loudspeaker Components

Last edited:
This needs to be moved to the "Multi" forum.

as to the drivers..

http://hifi-regensburg.de/upload/CY62ab4e0aX125bd26d061XY4324/1261604468506/B_80.jpg

Tweeter BG Neo 3 element only using the inner two rows of emission.

Parts-Express.com:Bohlender Graebener Neo3-PDRW Planar Tweeter w/Back Cup | neo3pdr planar tweeter ribbon tweeter planar transducer
Zaph|Audio

2 mids appear to be the Seas Excel units, probably these:

THE ART OF SOUND PERFECTION BY SEAS - E0037-08S W15CH001
Zaph|Audio

..and as to the bass driver(s)? Well, at one time they used some sub-woofers from Visaton.. Specifically the 10" versions:
Welcome to E-Speakers.com - Very High End Loudspeaker Components

Tweeter is correct... BG Neo3

Mids are 2 x EXCEL W15 CY001

THE ART OF SOUND PERFECTION BY SEAS - E0015-08S W15CY001

The Bassdriver is 2 x Visaton GF200

!!! big problem is the crossover !!!

regards

I find this interesting...
The speakers cost like $40000 and the driver are cheeeapish. It's almost tempting to build a pair :p
But i guess the crossover causes problems.

Drivers cost totally $1192 at europe-audio for mids and lows. Tweeter costs $116 at parts-express. Drivers for one pair of speakers then costs $1308. Thats 3.27% of the totalt price. Ofcourse one would need to build cabinets and crossover. But i doubt the total cost will be more than 7-8% of the "real" B80.

Last edited:
Burmester does use these mentioned driver brands, but they are made and selected according Burmester own specs and they are not available in public. B80´s (as B50´s, which I have) are downgraded models from their previous flagship B99. Cross-over of these B50&B80 Modells weight about 12 kg !!!

Attachments

• B50_scan_4 Resized.jpg
    B50_scan_4 Resized.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 355
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.