Oval cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good idea. only trouble i would imagine would be the focussing of back wave radiation, due to the concave rear surface (im imagining as no pics to help)

IF you can absorb as much of this as possible, again tricky in a reflex cab, then it should be at the least, a very strong cab.

I have some pictures

Attachments

• CC17_DSC00098.JPG
    CC17_DSC00098.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 125
Again looks good and strong. Without some absorbent (foam or wool felt) on the rear of the cabinet, I would think maybe the reflection of rear wave mid range sounds back thru the cone would be quite audible. Especially if the cone is paper....

Apply a good layer of foam or felt, say up to 1" thick, to the back of the cabinet, and im sure it would clean up the midrange enough to make the addition worthwhile.

I wouldnt bother using bitumous pads or other panel damping, as the 'sides' look more than thick enough and are doubtless very strong and fairly resistant to vibration.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.