Tannoy Little Gold Monitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have just bought a pair in pretty good condition just yesterday. They sound pretty good though I don't have much experience with Tannoys.

I have not been able to find much information about this particular model.
So before I open them up I'd like to know as much as possible.
They seem to be more of a Australian export model ??

Does anyone have any information about the driver/crossover and specifically crossover schematic and modifications.

Thanks,
kffern
DSCN1595.jpg
[/IMG]

Didn't think of that. They are on spindly Mission stands now. Laying them on their side would bring them on ear level. Playing them now with Contan Audio amp (2 x KT88 per channel).
These are supposed to be from telstra and were given to one of the techs when they were replaced 4 to 5 years ago.

kffern

Last edited:
A long time ago I drove a desk for my daily crust, the bridge mounts were Little Red Monitors. Mounted on heavy steel frames that bolted to the Europa chassis. They sounded superb. Put yours onto the heaviest stands you can find, my ATC's are on 100kG of steel, lead shot, cracker dust and blasting scarf. All you can hear outside is the patio trying to play along......

I'm not sure how to measure these. They measure around 10" from the edge of the surround but around 12" from the screw holes.
Is it 10" or 12"?
There seems to be a bit of info on the little red monitor but not the gold.

I am using them in a smallish room and really like them. A bit shouty at times.
I have ER Audio's ESL IIIs/Bryston 4BSST/BP25 in the main system.

kffern

The driver is the 3149 12". They can be a bit in your face, even the little ones have that shouty mid. Do yours have two or four binding posts ? Some of the LGM's came out with the LRM/SRM back plate, this was for use with an external X/O the XO5000 on the Reds. This was the best Tannoy mod, it cured 90% of their ills.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.