How/Can TB W4-1320 be used as center? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2010, 03:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default How/Can TB W4-1320 be used as center?

Hi

I am planning to build the TABAQ with the TB W4-1320 driver. I will use them as main speakers to my 5.1 system as well. I will therefore need (want..) to build a new center. Does anyone have any good suggestion how to build a center of the W4-1320? I want to use the same driver to my center as to my speaker. I canít find any good plants online (and I am new on speaker building).

BR / T

Old 24th March 2010, 04:01 PM   #2
gaust is offline gaust  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

There seem to be several options for you, but this first I would suggest is that you have a go at designing a box yourself. You should be able to find the Theil/Small parameters for the TB W4-1320 online and then enter then into WinISD which is a speaker design program that can be downloaded for free here
LinearTeam

You should then be able to play around and find a suitable box design (sealed or ported) which you can then build. Here is an example where Godzilla from this forum designed a ported box for these speakers using WinISD which should show you the process.

ZillaAudio.com, Outdoor Speakers | Rock Speakers | Garden Speakers | Patio Speakers | In-Wall Speakers | Ceiling Speakers and more!

You can play about with box volume and dimensions and even get WinISD to tell you the size of the box / port that you need.

Hope this helps!!
Old 24th March 2010, 05:33 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sorry about the crazy url. I am in the process of fixing them all so they make more sense but it will take a month or so before i get to all of them.

http://www.zillaaudio.com/tb-1320-bamboo.htm

I use the bamboo driver in my home theater system and think it's a great choice because you can keep the box small and get a nice full sound. These work really well with music and home theater. Tweeter optional but i like using one with this driver. My wife says they sound nasal or cupped without tweeter on vocals. Unless they are facing listener, i'd add tweeter.

Godzilla
Old 28th March 2010, 06:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi

Thanks for your response, I will look in to your suggestions.

BR / T

Hide this!Advertise here!