Best budget amp for micro-fonken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to everybody, I’m a newbie and after having searched quite extensively the forum I decided to build a pair of micro-fonken to be integrated by a sealed active subwoofer with the TangBang W6-1139 driven by a plate amp.
I’m now searching for the best amp to complete this desktop system, with a price limit around 200-230 (about 150-170 EUR shipped to Czech Republic).

After searching the net and various forums, I “narrowed down” (so to say…) the range of suitable candidates to the following list:

Topping TP20 Mk2 T 2020 20W/ch € 71
Topping TP21 T 2021 25W/ch € 74
Qinpu A-6000 MkII Hyb 16.5W/ch € 134
Qinpu A-3 Hyb 8.5W/ch € 144
Yulong Ampone SS 40W/ch € 150
Appj PA0803A SET 2.5W/ch € 160
Fatman iTube Hyb 15W/ch € 170

Does anybody have good suggestions to offer or experiences to share?
The system is dedicated desktop one, so I’m not looking for high SPL but just for the best budget system to enjoy my preferred music the whole day without listening fatigue. My musical preferences are for blues, jazz and some rock also.

Thanks a lot for the help and my best compliments to all the contributors who make this forum really one of the best sources for the quality audio lover… who already learned which the hot end of a soldering iron is :)

Massimo
(an Italian expat in Prague)

I've heard the mFonkens with a variety of amps; digital, conventional SS and tubed, ranging from 2.5W (2A3 SET) to 30W ( EL34 P/P triode). For the described application, from the list given, I'd be inclined to go for the APPJ PA803A.

The FF85K's are more than capable of resolving differences amongst upstream components, and I personally found the 3 or 4 SS amps I heard to be highly detailed (perhaps excessively so) and less involving /relaxing than the low powered tubed units (most particularly a 2A3 or triode connected EL34 SE)

the amps in question included;

Bottlehead Paramour II 2A3
Wright Sound Mono7 300B
Jolida 302 EL34 P/P (triode w/ Hazen grid mod)
Custom Vaughn Audio EL34 SE (triode w/Hazen grid mod)
DIY 6P15P P/P (triode w/Hazen grid mod)
(yup, there's a pattern with the last 3)

Advent 300 receiver
Trends T-amp
Kingrex T-20U
some type of DIY SS or chip amp by others ( Daniel D)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have listened to the same amps that Chris has, but he forgets one... we had an HCT hybrid (similar, if not the same to the amps they build for Fatman), and going thru your list was the one i picked 1st. The little SET probably sounds better, but 2.5 w is going to limit the levels you can achieve, but nearfield, with a woofer, it may well be sufficient.

dave

amps

How about the Amp6 for 35€ or 55€ assembled?
amp6
If you can use a soldering iron it's not very difficult and great for the price.

Or the miniwatt for another tube option that's gotten good press:
miniwatt

I think I would go for the Ampino, however!:) Haven't heard it but it if does sound like an F2 lite, as described in a review, I think it would be a great match.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.