I want these 12" field coil on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well the balsa wood I got is too soft. I know there are many hardnesses of it. I will have to find a hobby shop and not buy online. Since the various cone treatments I put on a pair of super 8s would not come off, I decided to cut off the cones to look at the construction. The shorting ring is visible.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 890
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
The next light wood is abachi wood
Much stronger than balsa, and still very light

But I agree with tomtt, its also a matter of how you do it

btw, I have used simple coating with polyurethane glue(expanding foam GLUE)
Hard to apply thin and evenly, but its light, and works

Hello,

recently I happened to come across this thread on your forum, and I'm very happy to see that the great project of the friend of jlsem's who was lucky, then, to purchase these unique speakers for comparably little money in my eBay auction, is currently being carried on.

Having supplied the plans and instructions, and running an alike front loaded horn in my atelier, I do know what the result will be like. There's nothing comparable to these devices.

@jlsem: Do you know whether the speakers have already been monted? I sent an email to Ka some days ago, but I haven't received an answer so far. I'm keen on getting to know everything about the course of his project. What kinds of amps is he running, what's the signal source? I'm asking because this isn't just a so-called "hifi system", but, if everything has been worked out right, a real time machine that takes you on a journey to the very place and the very time the music was recorded - be it Belafonte in Carnegie Hall, Glenn Gould in Salzburg, or whoever whenever.

One of the forum's members named me a "serious maniac", also using the word "vocation" - he might be right. For quite a lot of years I have been deeply involved in this matter, mainly re-animating old German speaker-"Baukunst" - art of construction, so to speak - and doing research for my own developments.

I suppose there are more members who'd like to know more about my philosophy, my work and my creations. From now on, I will be present in diyAudio twice a week to answer your questions, to share new projects with you, etc.

Kind regards,
Oleg Rullit

Oleg,

The speakers are mounted and are in fact outstanding. The amps are Arthur Loesch designed - single-ended currently using 801A on the output but can be configured for type 50 as well as 300B. The output transformers are Tango NY-series Permalloy core.

The whole system defies every negative myth applied to the single-ended amp/single-driver method.

John

These are the most realistic speakers I have heard and owned, the massive horn allow every detail and nuance come through, the breath of the singer, the decay of the note of an instrument is uncanny, I am done with searching for speakers, the wood work by master furniture maker jlsem is exquisite.

Attachments

• Rullit FH12.jpg
    Rullit FH12.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 2,528
These are the most realistic speakers I have heard and owned, the massive horn allow every detail and nuance come through, the breath of the singer, the decay of the note of an instrument is uncanny, I am done with searching for speakers, the wood work by master furniture maker jlsem is exquisite.

Hey Shooter,

They look Gorgeous!

What is the system driving them?

Cheers

David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.