Anyone familar with the Audio Nirvana 15" FR or coax?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I'm interested in the 15" offerings from Audio Nirvana, both the full ranger and the coax unit.

After reading through the Tannoy back horn thread that Maxlorenz posted a few years ago I got the crazy notion of perhaps building a poor mans Westminster using the inexpensive Audio Nirvana drivers. :D

I know the whole idea is crazy but if Max could get the 8" unit to work in a back horn why not the 15"?

Also, does anyone know if there's a source for Westminster enclosure plans available?

What do you guys think? :)

Rick

Hi,
I never listen the Nirvanas, but by Freq.Range chart and the specs chart of the new Super15COAX seems a very good sound fullrange,
of course it is my favorite in the Nirvana brand. The Super15COAX looks very good for OB panel, and boxed will be great too.
Cheers, Gustavo

Westminster Royal Enclosure

Hmmmm..... sounds promising so far, thanks guys. :)

I guess no one knows of a source for Westminster enclosures? I've ran across some other Tannoy designs, but not the big boy yet. :D Rick

I googled-up Westminster Audio Enclosures and found a Westminster Royal SE which measures 55" x 38.5" x 22" and looks diferent from the Tannoy Signature and other varients.
Maybe this is the one you are loking for. ...regards, michael

I've never heard any nirvanas, but the an15 (non coax) would be right at the top of my list. Especially if you like the lack of crossover in a full range driver.

Norman

Thanks for your input!
Do you think that Alnico and Neodymium versions would be a worthy investment? If yes, which one? Alnico on comon sense audio website is described as the smoothest and the one that makes the most bass vs neodymium as being the most detailed... Hard to decide without hearing first.
Also do you think that 5.6 bass reflex will be big enough to get the best of the sound or should I go for 13 cf enclosure?
I realy appreciate your expertise as I learned a lot from this forum.
Dramblys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.