Sachiko horns, confused about drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

i've read many interesting threads about the Sachiko enclosure and i'm planning to build a pair based on the 206E, which is the driver they've been designed around.

Searching some shops i've found out that, apparently, the 206E has been superseded by a revised model, called FE206En, there's no information about it on the fostex international website...but a google search returns this datasheet:

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_comp/pdf/fe206erev.pdf
http://www.fostexspeaker.de/fullrange/fen/fe206en.pdf

The T/S parameters have changed a bit and i wonder if the revised driver is still suitable for the Sachiko enclosure...has anyone tried one of those new units ?

Since i've found a shop which still has some "old" 206E available..if no one has tried the En, i guess it'd be a safe bet to just grab a pair of these before they run out of stock...

Thanks in advance for your help.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The new version of the driver has been known by some of us for some six months. Until they actually hit the ground we don't know much.

I am upset that they stole my model numbers, just changing the capitalization

I asked my supplier specifically about the FE126En, Scott says the T/S are inconsistent, my supplier says the sample they measured was essentially the same as the old driver.

Given that people have successfully used FE208eS, FE206eSR, and MArtin suggests that the fancy new TB (1772?) should work fine suggestes that the new version of the 206 should be OK too.

The downside of all this is that all of the FExx7 drivers are in limbo. A replacement has been requested, but it is Fostex -- they do their own thing. If they get discontinued my supplier says they will lay in big stock. Time to start thinking about getting drivers if you thinking of Fonken.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.