PING: Scottmoose - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2010, 11:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetubeguy1954
Default PING: Scottmoose

My friend would you please email me at your earliest convenience? My private email address is thetubeguy1954(at)yahoo(dot)com I have a BIG problem with my Sachikos and if grown men cried over their speakers...

Thetubeguy1954

~Rational Subjectivism. It's An Acquired Taste!~
Old 19th February 2010, 03:40 AM   #2
mp9 is offline mp9  United States
diyAudio Member

ttg1954, Sachiko's are popular around here, can you let us know what's going on with yours?
Old 19th February 2010, 03:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I agree with mp9. Also, Tubeguy, can you fill us in on the origins of your unique spheroid supra-baffles?
Old 19th February 2010, 07:12 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hello rjbond3rd & mp9!

I've had my Sachikos for over 19 months now. Being disabled I had my Sachikos custom built by Cardersound of New Jersey. I removed the FE206E drivers that originally came in the enclosure and replaced them with FE206ES-R drivers, which IMO were a huge improvement. I also removed the internal wires and replaced them with some awesome sounding copper wires from NASA. Finally I had the drivers treated with Mike Rispoli's proprietary, 5-step treatment ---{that's probably the best $150 I ever spent that's why they're black instead of being white.

The unique black spheroid supra-baffles ---{as rjbond3rd called them}--- were put on for two reasons:
  • I didn't want to mar the Rosewood veneer when a couple of friends from Central Florida Audio Society came over and we tried various different 8 in drivers from no-names, Fostex, Lowther and yes even Manger!

• The black baffle "supposed" to change size & shape to see if we heard any difference, sonically when we did so. Unfortunately that hasn't occured as of yet. Hopefully that experiment will still come to pass.

These are the best speakers I've ever owned in the 43+ years I've been involved in audio. The Sachikos have no problems, I over-reacted after experimenting with my FE206ES-R driver. Now I no longer hear the magic it once made! I don't know why I thought Scottmoose could help me ---{except perhaps for telling me where I might locate another pair of FE206ES-R or better yet FE208ES-R drivers}--- I guess I just panicked. After a couple of days I realise the worse case scenerio is I'll replace my drivers and have Mike Rispoli treat them again.

Anyone interested in seeing the dedicated audio room the Sachikos are set up in and the associated equipment I use with them can click on this: Thetubeguy1954's Audio System

Click the image to open in full size.

Thetubeguy1954

Old 19th February 2010, 07:50 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default nice set-up

- the last time i saw your sachikos on a AA post you had a vinyl rig which i don't see in the current pix, did you call it quits for vinyl?
Old 19th February 2010, 07:59 PM   #6
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Tom,

What did you do to the 206eSR if you don't mind my asking?

dave
Old 19th February 2010, 08:00 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp9 View Post
- the last time i saw your sachikos on a AA post you had a vinyl rig which i don't see in the current pix, did you call it quits for vinyl?
Hello Again MP9!

My friend I'm sorry to inform you that you've made a mistake. I'm disabled and vinyl is too much of a pain in the @$$ for me these days. I haven't had a TT in over 15 years now. I have difficulty getting up and down and the convenience of a good or should I say great CD player and only having to get up once every 45-60 mins has won me over.

Thetubeguy1954

Old 19th February 2010, 08:07 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Tom,

What did you do to the 206eSR if you don't mind my asking?

dave
Dave,

I'm too embarrassed to state what I did to my FE206ES-R publically. I've just sent you a private email explaining what I did. Let me know if you received it and understand my problem. What I really need to know is do you or ---{anyone else here}--- for that matter, know where I can obtain a pair of FE206ES-R or FE208ES-R drivers?

Thanks,

Thetubeguy1954

Old 19th February 2010, 08:12 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
What I really need to know is do you or ---{anyone else here}--- for that matter, know where I can obtain a pair of FE206ES-R or FE208ES-R drivers?

Thanks,

Thetubeguy1954

Hi Tom, i'll still be looking for the latter chap If you'd like me to include the FE206ES-R in my search i'll gladly do so

Bests, Mark.
Old 19th February 2010, 09:04 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetubeguy1954 View Post
Hello Again MP9!

My friend I'm sorry to inform you that you've made a mistake. I'm disabled and vinyl is too much of a pain in the @$$ for me these days. I haven't had a TT in over 15 years now. I have difficulty getting up and down and the convenience of a good or should I say great CD player and only having to get up once every 45-60 mins has won me over.

Thetubeguy1954

Not sure who i'm confusing your system with, had though i saw a pic of it with a ear phono pre and a turntable. Sorry about that and i don't think you're missing as much as some would hope you'd believe by not having a vinyl rig - check out the latest cd sacd digital gear reviewed in recent $phile, tas and hifi world mags!
I can somewhat relate to your situation. Much to many years of my life had passed thinking i'd never recover to walk around enough to not have to rely on a remote control pre and digital playback rig, amongst other more important things. Music played a big part in getting me through some very dark places.
I'm hopping you have more good days to come.

Hide this!Advertise here!