4.5 cu ft cabs, what should I stick in them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a couple of very nice 4.5 cu ft cabinets that originally had a 12" driver in them and I would like to find a reasonably priced full range (or coaxial) to mount in them. Any ideas? Right now the port is tuned to 30hz but I could change that to suit the driver if necessary. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a 12" driver, I could modify the cabinet to suit the new driver.

Thanks for the replies...

The Fostex is a great deal but still out of my price range...

The Speaker Wizard comes up with a 12" subwoofer for the box size I have.

I guess I was hoping there would be something like the Eminence 12LTA that would be appropriate. Or the Audio Nirvana 12". I guess there aren't that many 12" full rangers that reach this low?

Thanks for the replies...

The Fostex is a great deal but still out of my price range...

The Speaker Wizard comes up with a 12" subwoofer for the box size I have.

I guess I was hoping there would be something like the Eminence 12LTA that would be appropriate. Or the Audio Nirvana 12". I guess there aren't that many 12" full rangers that reach this low?

Is it possible to partially fill the box to reduce the internal volume? It might present more options for you.
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.