Can CHR-70 work in a tall MilliSize (DeciSize?) Onken?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

A question that's probably best put to Planet10: can CHR-70 work in an Onken-ish bass reflex box? A quick spot of modelling suggests that something on the order of 10-12 litres tuned to around 50hz should work quite well.

I have an application where I can go practically as wide as I like (thinking around 16ish cm - am I right in thinking that the response of the CHR-70 negates the need for baffle step around this width?) and up to 40cm tall, but no more than 21cm deep.

Budget for this build (it'd be a gift) doesn't stretch to a sub, so it needs to be ported to achieve reasonable extension. Which brings us back to all things Onken-ish - a millisize is definately too small, while a primesize is too deep. Is there a practical way to modify the Onken shape into what I want it to be, or is it time to hit the drawing board?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The CHR would require a box larger then milliSize for sure. When i went to put it into said size i ended up with sealed. The CHR is broadly similar to A7 in terms of boxes, so recent development of the deciSize dMar-Ken7 has me thinking it is time to look at the CHR in this size box.

Taxes and some Metronome drawings are ahead in the queue thou.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The A7 dMar-Ken7 is actually a bit smaller at 9 litre.

I went back and klooked at the CHR. 9 litre 51 Hz is actually a bit better.

The A7 box is 220.4mm deep, but tuned a tiny bit higher.

So in the CHR box the port spacers will need to be a tiny bit shorter.

Because of a licencing deal with a Danish company, plans for these will cost a token amount (and end up being very extensive), but i do need some beta builds. if interested email me I could get basic drawings out fairly quickly.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is the visualization of the deciSize Alpair7 box. The CHR bezel is smaller, and as mentioned port spacers will be a bit shorter.

dMar-Ken7-3D.gif

dave

The A7 dMar-Ken7 is actually a bit smaller at 9 litre.

I went back and klooked at the CHR. 9 litre 51 Hz is actually a bit better.

The A7 box is 220.4mm deep, but tuned a tiny bit higher.

So in the CHR box the port spacers will need to be a tiny bit shorter.

Because of a licencing deal with a Danish company, plans for these will cost a token amount (and end up being very extensive), but i do need some beta builds. if interested email me I could get basic drawings out fairly quickly.

dave
Hello,
is there still need for beta builds for dMar-Ken7 ?
I'm eager to see final drawings.

-Harri

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.