EnABL application for pro horn driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Friends,
I would like to order the EnABL kit and apply it to a Funktion-One horn speaker model Resolution 1.5 (see site and navigate to the "products" section to see the RES 1.5 speaker).
FUNKTION-ONE : OFFICIAL WEBSITE

my home system:
Picasa Web Albums - Herman

Basically, it's a 112db, 5" horn loaded driver incorporating an unusual phase plug that covers 600 to 15Khz.

1. I'd like to order the EnABL kit.
2. I will apply the kit and post my findings and pictures.

Thanks,
Herman

Some initial comments from a position of current, specific, ignorance.

I would treat the woofers first. Then I would treat the mid / woofer compression cone driver. Then I would listen for a good bit of time. Then I might treat the compression driver of the horn, but detailed high rez pics b4 you do that PLEASE!!!!!! Last I would treat just the outside edge of the horn flare. Then I would slowly work my way into the horn flare body and that of the wave guide plug.

You MUST be slow and attentive to horns. They can easily get so forceful and hard edged that you cannot listen to them. It is quite possible that the horn flare and wave guide plug will need no more than a parting edge treatment. It is also possible, though less likely that the CD will not need any treatment. It is certain that it will not need very much.

You really really really need a reference driver that teaches you about EnABL and how it portrays music before you tackle something as complex as this system. If you have a couple of hundred dollars to spare you could not do better than a pair of Planet 10 Fostex 127 eN drivers in small cardboard boxes. At no point in your life will you feel you have wasted that money! If you are intent on biting off this much, I would really like to feel confident you can survive and a clear target, which the 127's will provide, will help immensely.

Bud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.