CIARE CH250 fullrange with passive or active subwoofer ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello ;)

I'm a new owner of CIARE CH250 fullrange 10".
I'll setup in Open Baffle configuration but I think this speaker is not good in low frequency with only 0.5mm Xmax.
What's the best setup ? active subwoofer or passive subwoofer ?

If I buy pro audio woofer with the same dB cut frequency at 250hz is it good idea ?
Exemple:
Goldwood GW-1258 12" : 30-250hz (97db)
Ciare CH250 : 250hz-20'000hz (96db)

thanks in advance for your help ;)

Nick

Last edited:
one of the best things people claims about OBs is theire bass performance, fast (start/stop), guttural, uncolored, no boomines... a part of this is due to the fact it will excite room modes far less than sealed or ported designs... also someone say that under 40hz you can bring again a subwoofer in the system to add some weight-slam, since under 40hz it's easier to control room modes, but fullranges won't go down enough to cross under 40hz on their own. so the augmenting woofer is one of the best things about OBs. also MJK pointed out that you don't need an expensive driver, for in the frequency region it has to cover it won't have to many issues.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.