Dallas III

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AFAIK the Dallas III was never an 'official' box; it was a modification of Ron's original DallasII with a smoothed out path, which turned out to be a bit of a double-edged sword. Most of Ron's plans were lost when his HDD let go a few years back. I believe the Dallas plans & two Austins basically had to be pieced back together from files other people had. I don't think there have ever been any published AutoCAD / whatever files for the DallasII or the DallasIII modification that you could simply hand to your woodshop; you'd need to create them yourself unless you can find someone who's done one for their own use.

Perhaps this could be split off into a separate thread as this basically a Sachiko build-thread?

has anyone ever built an excel spreadsheet with these designs, drivers, ... before?

I imagine its quite a task - Im certainly lost in a few mazes on the googlenet!

I thought the satchiko was a bit too ambitious for a first build. But I like the idea of andrew tilsleys slice way of doing things - hence the Dallas III

has anyone ever built an excel spreadsheet with these designs, drivers, ... before?

How do you mean 'an excel spreadsheet'? In what context?

I thought the satchiko was a bit too ambitious for a first build. But I like the idea of andrew tilsleys slice way of doing things - hence the Dallas III

It certainly looks pretty, but it doesn't exploit the material properties all that well -higher mass; weaker in structure etc., as well as being expensive & wasteful in materials.

does the Dallas II or III sound the best? and is the driver of choice for these the fostex 206e?

DallasII was designed for the 206. 'DallasIII' is not actually one of Ron's cabinets at all, as noted, but a 3rd party modification of Dallas II with the path smoothed out. DallasII should have the edge in sonics. The extra smoothing applied in the modified box will likely result in more midband leakage through the horn.

also, does there exist a cnc cutting file for the II?

See my last post above.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.