Replacing Logitech Z2300 to full ranges!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Artazzzzzz! Same - same ,but different ...thread !
In the meantime I took a look at the speakers Logitech supplied with that model. Honestly ,they are fullrangers (limited of course by cone area ,regarding bass reproduction ) with the addition of a capsule that could be a tweeter but could be there also just for aesthetic purpose !
There are some Tang Bang 2 or 3 inches that may suit ,or Peerless ,or Ciare . Both speakers should cost less than 50 €.
Bye

Oh ,that's nothing....you're welcome !
Also ,you might consider to cut just a little panel instead of making a full box ,and run the speaker in Open Baffle , since the back-waves of the wavelenght reproduced (>120 Hz) won't produce interference that much.The panel of course would be about 8-10 inches...though it will be less practical to place in the room than a little box.
Ciao

there's a possibility that logitech is already using tangband drivers... at 180e they are also quite expensive pc speakers, maybe you can disassemble one a take a look at the driver (posting it here, people will recognize a Tb)

also the amplification coming from the sub can be corrected to make the satellites work, so you'll have troubles driving anything else

Oh ,that's nothing....you're welcome !
Also ,you might consider to cut just a little panel instead of making a full box ,and run the speaker in Open Baffle , since the back-waves of the wavelenght reproduced (>120 Hz) won't produce interference that much.The panel of course would be about 8-10 inches...though it will be less practical to place in the room than a little box.
Ciao
Hah I thought full range speakers are in box already, something like bookshelves or PC satellites. :O So I need to make them by myself, there will be only drivers? What is Open Baffle? And yes, Logitech z2300 use TB drivers.

if you have to buy new drivers my suggestion is take some time to look around a what can suite you. both here in the fullrange and multiway section of this forum and also other diy pages you can find around like Zaph and humblehomemadehifi

then choose a project, but realize that since it will take you time, some money for the tools, and given that in italy is hard to find low prices you should consider choosing a good project and invest on the drivers also if it is your first project: under a certain price-tag you won't beat the commercial offerings like the logitech you had in many aspects.

keep in mind fullrange drivers (a single driver covering all the BW, or just helped by a sub-woofer) have their strenght, like musicality, coherence and some magic... but they are not hard-core rock speakers, so you should put your musical tastes first.

also you should consider that maybe your logitech sub doesn't have a flat response, this can be overcome by buying a simple but good amplifier like a t-amp (30euro) or a scythe or something.

if you have to buy new drivers my suggestion is take some time to look around a what can suite you. both here in the fullrange and multiway section of this forum and also other diy pages you can find around like Zaph and humblehomemadehifi

then choose a project, but realize that since it will take you time, some money for the tools, and given that in italy is hard to find low prices you should consider choosing a good project and invest on the drivers also if it is your first project: under a certain price-tag you won't beat the commercial offerings like the logitech you had in many aspects.

keep in mind fullrange drivers (a single driver covering all the BW, or just helped by a sub-woofer) have their strenght, like musicality, coherence and some magic... but they are not hard-core rock speakers, so you should put your musical tastes first.

also you should consider that maybe your logitech sub doesn't have a flat response, this can be overcome by buying a simple but good amplifier like a t-amp (30euro) or a scythe or something.
What's the difference between full ranges and multiway? What's BW? And I am from Lithuania, not Italy, don't know why it shows that. I listen to pop/hip hop/rnb/electro/techno, no heavy music.

ZZZZZZzzzz ! Blown speakers is bad ,very bad! They may have been stressed to much (overheat) or also the amplifier, inside the bass enclosure,could have sent some direct current to the coil ,burning it . Have you tried to replace speakers with off-the-shelf ones ,in case you have them ?
It would be a bad idea of putting brand new speakers after a malfunctioning amplifier and have them blown again in 1 second .
Of course you're on a Diy forum ...so why worry ? Going with a simple baffle would be an easy start and might bring some satisfaction.Also the midrange is a relatively easy band to make quality measurements :Just put on a record with a good voice and evaluate the sound...well ,what you'll hear will be record quality+amplifier+speaker NOT talking about cable quality :cubist:
The bad about pre-assembled equipment is that you cannot change anything.
Ciao

What's the difference between full ranges and multiway? What's BW? And I am from Lithuania, not Italy, don't know why it shows that. I listen to pop/hip hop/rnb/electro/techno, no heavy music.

Good ! I thought it was a pizza-thread !;)
BW is Band Width
For some basics I suggest to take a look at lenardaudio.com ,under "education" most things are well explained ,so...see you next year :p

a fullrange driver is one driver trying to cover the whole spectrum (which is 20hz to 20khz). of course they don't, but they come close, with some advantages and some disadvantages against conventional drivers... conventional drivers only cover a part of the spectrum, so you need to use them in a multyway speaker, with one driver making the treble, one the mids/bass, sometimes one more for real bass... and so on. those are called 2-ways, 3-ways, 4-ways. every driver is a way. there are also hybrid ways, like FAST: fullrange + subwoofer technology, your little sistem is a FAST, it's a 2.1 FAST (notice that 2.1 here is not the number of WAYS, but the number of channels)

probably with your tastes a very good system would be made of a pair of 2 ways speakers (midrange woofer + tweeter per unit) plus a subwoofer, so that you can cranck the volume up and enjoy both the hip and the hops in the music...

fullrange drivers often require larger enclosures to get where multyways get.

there are many 2-ways design around (outside this section of the forum of course). also very soon, there will be a woofer+tweeter combo from markaudio (a very good brand) which has been designed to give good quality within a low budget...

budget really is a big part of a system design.

a fullrange driver is one driver trying to cover the whole spectrum (which is 20hz to 20khz). of course they don't, but they come close, with some advantages and some disadvantages against conventional drivers... conventional drivers only cover a part of the spectrum, so you need to use them in a multyway speaker, with one driver making the treble, one the mids/bass, sometimes one more for real bass... and so on. those are called 2-ways, 3-ways, 4-ways. every driver is a way. there are also hybrid ways, like FAST: fullrange + subwoofer technology, your little sistem is a FAST, it's a 2.1 FAST (notice that 2.1 here is not the number of WAYS, but the number of channels)

probably with your tastes a very good system would be made of a pair of 2 ways speakers (midrange woofer + tweeter per unit) plus a subwoofer, so that you can cranck the volume up and enjoy both the hip and the hops in the music...

fullrange drivers often require larger enclosures to get where multyways get.

there are many 2-ways design around (outside this section of the forum of course). also very soon, there will be a woofer+tweeter combo from markaudio (a very good brand) which has been designed to give good quality within a low budget...

budget really is a big part of a system design.
oh very useful info. is there a tweeter+midbass woofer+midrange driver combo?

bands are about
20-200 bass
200-4000 midrange
4000-20000 highs

but a two way usually covers from 55hz all the way up. so you just will need a sub-woofer to complement the under 50hz zone

a 3-way like you are asking of couse exist. but will take a larger enclosure, will be less suitable for nearfield (computer-desktop) listening and will be more complex in electronics parts (the crossover, which is a circuit inside each speaker that splits the frequncies to the drivers)

here some very good two way and three ways:
Humble Homemade Hifi
also there are a couple of fullrange implementation (solo 206), reading his comments you can understand something more about fullrange drivers.

i think that you can usually use them down to 50hz... i think.

you can see the see also here Mid-range speaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
very informative.

take a look at the andromeda budget speaker on humblehomemadehifi. but most of all take time to read about differnt desings, choose your goals, understand what else you will need to make a complete system (for example an amplifier, and which one? since the less sensitivity your design is the more watts you will need. you can go from the 50w to make a 80db sensitivity speaker work, to the 15watts for a 90db, to the 3watts for a 95db speaker and so on, all good manufacturers declare the speaker sensitivity)

i don't know, it depends if it has flat response or a response that is corrected to make the original satellites blend into the system... if you decide to keep the logitech system than take a look at the CHR-70, it is a good budget fullrange unit to build new satellites for your system and maybe they will take some more power than the little tangband befor blowing...

you can search chr-70 with the search of this forum, for the sub integration maybe you can ask advice in the subwoofer section of the forum, also since it is a good pc-system maybe someone has alredy done something with it you should try googling it around

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.