Replacing Logitech Z2300 to full ranges!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and if I choose multiway? :p

Means that your Logitech was a bad choice for listening to music ,because:
They (as anybody) choose the right components ( preamplifier-frequency splitting section-amplifiers-speakers) to match themselves and offer the whole product at the lowest price . Just plug it in and it works . But..
If you wish to have more power , you'll have to throw everything in the dustbin just because those little amplifiers (not more than 10 W for the satellites ) wont be able to drive a complex load , such 2 speakers and a bunch of capacitors and coils. Well ,you can try with THE average speaker aided with a tweeter with just a tiny cap in series.
Or disassemble the enclosure ,find the points where the stereo amps have their inputs and route them to another power amplifier...you could use the RCA jacks used for the speakers. I'd do that way :mischiev:
Then you'll eventually find that the subwoofer level is too low , so the story never ends...

Means that your Logitech was a bad choice for listening to music ,because:
They (as anybody) choose the right components ( preamplifier-frequency splitting section-amplifiers-speakers) to match themselves and offer the whole product at the lowest price . Just plug it in and it works . But..
If you wish to have more power , you'll have to throw everything in the dustbin just because those little amplifiers (not more than 10 W for the satellites ) wont be able to drive a complex load , such 2 speakers and a bunch of capacitors and coils. Well ,you can try with THE average speaker aided with a tweeter with just a tiny cap in series.
Or disassemble the enclosure ,find the points where the stereo amps have their inputs and route them to another power amplifier...you could use the RCA jacks used for the speakers. I'd do that way :mischiev:
Then you'll eventually find that the subwoofer level is too low , so the story never ends...
that sub has 40W/channel :p and what you mean subwoofer level is too low?

23 posts are not enough to choose if you are a multyway or a fullrange fan. read something around, get in love with something.
for example, the chr70, there are many enclosures you can build for it (small bookshelfs from planet10, stunning loking duoble horns from scootmoose), they can also play on their own so they can be a good-starting point: you now use them with the logitech sub. then buy an amplifier just for them, then make a good subwoofer (or two) and bring it into the system.

define your goals (room, placement, kind of listening), define your budget and see what fits in your country, and see for reviews where they speak of your musical tastes.

Last edited:
40 w for THE subwoofer channel . I know that it is enough for general purpose,and it fits perfectly the 10 W max per channel of the satellites.
For those , the headroom is determined by amplifier's power ,no way to escape! Of course the idea of disassemble the little monster doesn't amuse you. So you'll have to live with the specifications of the product . If you have an old portable stereo , maybe its speakers may serve your cause.
It will cost nothing to you to try.
Complex loads represented by a two way box are not what the original amplifier was designed to drive. Just try...to put any loudspeaker at the output (RCA plug ?:eek:)and listen...
Bye

40 w for THE subwoofer channel . I know that it is enough for general purpose,and it fits perfectly the 10 W max per channel of the satellites.
For those , the headroom is determined by amplifier's power ,no way to escape! Of course the idea of disassemble the little monster doesn't amuse you. So you'll have to live with the specifications of the product . If you have an old portable stereo , maybe its speakers may serve your cause.
Complex loads represented by a two way box are not what the original amplifier was designed to drive. Just try...to put any loudspeaker at the output (RCA plug ?:eek:)and listen...
Bye
ok. So what's your suggestion? Should I get whole new system?

pico if we talk each other then we will make this a pizza-thread :) lol...

btw i still have to make enclosures for my alpair10, i didn't find time/money still, the OB will follow then, pjpanda is going to make one with the miniDSP (they also have a manufacturer section here now), so i'll just wait and see...

why don't you post something about your system? i'm still very curious...

Bye
********.^

20161026074008-176.64.228.2.jpg

- http://www.logitech.com/assets/35688/setup-installation-guide.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.