Replacing Logitech Z2300 to full ranges! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2010, 01:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Replacing Logitech Z2300 to full ranges!

I have decided to replace Logitech z2300 speakers to full ranges with rich mid range (current didn't have any). Any suggestions what speakers could suit?
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hello Artazzzzzz! Same - same ,but different ...thread !
In the meantime I took a look at the speakers Logitech supplied with that model. Honestly ,they are fullrangers (limited of course by cone area ,regarding bass reproduction ) with the addition of a capsule that could be a tweeter but could be there also just for aesthetic purpose !
There are some Tang Bang 2 or 3 inches that may suit ,or Peerless ,or Ciare . Both speakers should cost less than 50 €.
Bye
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:32 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

thank you a lot, gonna check it now ! :P
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:45 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Oh ,that's nothing....you're welcome !
Also ,you might consider to cut just a little panel instead of making a full box ,and run the speaker in Open Baffle , since the back-waves of the wavelenght reproduced (>120 Hz) won't produce interference that much.The panel of course would be about 8-10 inches...though it will be less practical to place in the room than a little box.
Ciao
Old 23rd January 2010, 02:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

there's a possibility that logitech is already using tangband drivers... at 180e they are also quite expensive pc speakers, maybe you can disassemble one a take a look at the driver (posting it here, people will recognize a Tb)

also the amplification coming from the sub can be corrected to make the satellites work, so you'll have troubles driving anything else
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:23 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by picowallspeaker View Post
Oh ,that's nothing....you're welcome !
Also ,you might consider to cut just a little panel instead of making a full box ,and run the speaker in Open Baffle , since the back-waves of the wavelenght reproduced (>120 Hz) won't produce interference that much.The panel of course would be about 8-10 inches...though it will be less practical to place in the room than a little box.
Ciao
Hah I thought full range speakers are in box already, something like bookshelves or PC satellites. :O So I need to make them by myself, there will be only drivers? What is Open Baffle? And yes, Logitech z2300 use TB drivers.
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:27 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

what's your goal. what makes you unsatysfied with them? lack of midrange? have you tried positioning them around? making them equi-distant looking at you in a triangle you are one of the vertex?
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:33 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

they just blowed up xD and they had very poor midrange, at 60% volume the sound used to become muddy. I think it's lack of midrange? Is it?
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:45 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

if you have to buy new drivers my suggestion is take some time to look around a what can suite you. both here in the fullrange and multiway section of this forum and also other diy pages you can find around like Zaph and humblehomemadehifi

then choose a project, but realize that since it will take you time, some money for the tools, and given that in italy is hard to find low prices you should consider choosing a good project and invest on the drivers also if it is your first project: under a certain price-tag you won't beat the commercial offerings like the logitech you had in many aspects.

keep in mind fullrange drivers (a single driver covering all the BW, or just helped by a sub-woofer) have their strenght, like musicality, coherence and some magic... but they are not hard-core rock speakers, so you should put your musical tastes first.

also you should consider that maybe your logitech sub doesn't have a flat response, this can be overcome by buying a simple but good amplifier like a t-amp (30euro) or a scythe or something.
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:50 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by human.bin View Post
if you have to buy new drivers my suggestion is take some time to look around a what can suite you. both here in the fullrange and multiway section of this forum and also other diy pages you can find around like Zaph and humblehomemadehifi

then choose a project, but realize that since it will take you time, some money for the tools, and given that in italy is hard to find low prices you should consider choosing a good project and invest on the drivers also if it is your first project: under a certain price-tag you won't beat the commercial offerings like the logitech you had in many aspects.

keep in mind fullrange drivers (a single driver covering all the BW, or just helped by a sub-woofer) have their strenght, like musicality, coherence and some magic... but they are not hard-core rock speakers, so you should put your musical tastes first.

also you should consider that maybe your logitech sub doesn't have a flat response, this can be overcome by buying a simple but good amplifier like a t-amp (30euro) or a scythe or something.
What's the difference between full ranges and multiway? What's BW? And I am from Lithuania, not Italy, don't know why it shows that. I listen to pop/hip hop/rnb/electro/techno, no heavy music.

Hide this!Advertise here!