Speaker suggestions for older SOTA music system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been on this site previously under the musical instrument side but am now asking for suggestions on speakers for my old SOTA (State Of The Art) sound system. Here's where I'm at: Sources- Phillips GA212 with Vestigal tone arm and Astatic variable reluctance cartride; Technics belt drive turntable (I don't remember the model number)with Shure V15; Tandberg TCD310 cassette deck; Bogen TM200 digital tuner; Preamp- J.C. Morrison passive EQ triode tubed phono stage with passive line section. Amp- Audio Dimensions compilation using KT66 PP outputs with all triode input/phase splitter stages. Existing speakers: imitation LS3-5A's with deeper cabinet to increase bass response. The speakers were always just "O.K." even with the old M&K powered subwoofer which is now gone. In a 300 square foot room by themselves they just don't cut it. Can't take the power alone and the bottom end is lacking big time. So, I'm thinking about their replacement. A full range single driver system appeals to me. I have plenty of space in the room but need to incorporate it into the decor to appease the WAF, so large massive panels or horn cabinets are a problem to blend in but not impossible. I have good woodworking skills, hand tools, power tools (yes Norm, I did read the mfgr's instructions) and space to build them in. Biggest problem is what to build? That's where I need your folk's help. My musical tastes are mostly Jazz, "straight ahead" to fusion, and "Classic RocK". Thx in advance, TJ.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.