Is it really true!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
aren't those AER units?

in the product section they have this strange WALLHORN, claiming 25hz... what's that??
Fullrange Speakers

also there is this strange statement about tqwt, isn't generally true the inverse given the size required for horn to go very low?
"the TQWT does not go as far down as a horn, but the highs are silky-smooth, very transparent, open and full of unheard details"

The whole saga is laid out in a thread here somewhere.

dave

'We may well have a case of the master & the Apprentise (or business partners) having a political split up, and that each driver has its own merit

dave'

Fall 2007?

I think I understand. They had a fight and split up; like so many rock bands. The fight continued for the TM in court. The whole mess damaged the business and the name; leading some to think there were 'copies'. So now the Police are making music and so is Sting.:p

But the drivers are still little full range gods, but not for everyone. My MD-2Bs were $2500 and sounded far flatter and also warmer than the Lowthers did. They had insufficient treble, but they did lack a phase plug. The fit and finish were great and that Neodymium slug has incredible flux. I don't know what their acceleration is but it's got to be like lightning! I didn't like the untreated foam spider and foam surround. I knew they wouldn't last. I shelved them because I couldn't play them loud without terrible screech; like Lowther.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.