• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil 12 and B&W Matrix 802

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah yes. I was referring to the fact that from the picture, it seems relatively easy to build. Certainly care in building is required. I've seen the equipment at Home Depot. The rip fence seems accurate enough so that if you set it and don't move it, all rips would be of equal size. The radial arm saw for the crosscuts seems also very high end. I intend to tell the person at Home Depot to be more careful when setting up the cuts. Truing the panels at home is not possible, as all I have is a jigsaw :)

I'd rather run A12 pencils all the way around. That way you can easily swap them if damaged, blown, etc. It would be hard to make a center channel pencil for the 12, but I think it is possible, assuming you can have a seperate large shelf for a maybe squarish 2' x 2' box (I could) .....

Norman

Have there been any other center designs for the A12 besides the sealed version listed in this thread? I'm with Norman, I can fit a big center to get the lower tuning. My current is 36" W and I like the "looks" of having a big center :D

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.