Using existing Boxes for my EL70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a set of boxes from another build I would like to use for my EL70. 36"x7.5"x7.5",made from 3/4 wood, and has removable baffel. Volumn is 21L or .75 cf. This is very close to the Micro Tower single driver box. I could add a block to the bottem and make the interior the same, but larger volumn. Or I could just use Unibox to get a vent design to fit 21L. CSS says a 21L box is ideal and suggest a vent but it does not use the standing wave of the tall box. I know MK's MathCad sheets can do a better job, but I don't have Math Cad.

Does this box lend it's self to a Micro Tower Design, and if so, what would tube length/size be?

Thanks for the help

Bob

Bob,

I used to think I couldn't afford to use MJK's MathCAD worksheets because I couldn't afford to buy MathCAD (which I think goes for about $800 for the standard version.) Then I found out you can download a free version of MathCAD Explorer--available from several places, including Martin's site. There are also other ways to buy MathCAD for less as student versions and along with a book about how to use MathCAD (but I forget the name of it.)

And if you use a Mac rather than a PC, you can still run MathCAD using Virtual Box to run a copy of Windows on your Mac.

Cheers, Jim

They look good and they will only get better with more playing time.

All the best,

Bob

I can attest to that. They get significantly better. If you like them out of the box then you'll really like what they can do later. I'm working on the Constinton as well. Construction is done and I'm doing my sanding and prep work now. I'll hopefully seal them tomorrow and maybe prime if there's time. Please post pictures of yours as you progress through the build as well. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.