what would happen if I tried to shoe horn a driver into a BIB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a FE 206E BIB with dimension given at BIB web site:
L = (Line length) 174"
Zdriver = Driver 35" down from sealed end of cabinet
Sm = 133.875"^2

I now have used the FE206E in a pair of Sachiko. I would like to use the BIB cabinet for subwoofer duty. what would happen if I tried to put a Pioneer B20GR30-51F 8" woofer whose Fs
is lower then the FE206E but the Qts and VAS are about the same. The BIB spreadsheet gives a longer line length for the Pioneer but similar
depth and width because Qts and VAS are similar. Would the bass go lower with
the Pioneer? or would it stay the same because the line length is not long
enough?
Thanks

if the time stamp for this posting displays correctly, remember that it's well after midnight on Jan 1, and carefully paced celebratory imbibing has been in effect since the first glass of champers about 6 hours ago, so you've been warned ...

as Dave has said, by all anecdotal accounts, the BIB design has proven to be quite tolerant

I'll admit that I haven't built a pair myself, and only heard 2 pairs since Terry Cain's first pair in 2001, but they look like such a simple project that a pair could be blasted together in less time than it takes to get a consensus on whether your particular "should / could / would" work

The joke of course is that DIY audio (hobby as opposed to forum) and consensus, are essentially contradictory - just ask "does wire make a difference?"

happy 20-teens, y'all

I have built a FE 206E BIB with dimension given at BIB web site:
L = (Line length) 174"
Zdriver = Driver 35" down from sealed end of cabinet
Sm = 133.875"^2

I now have used the FE206E in a pair of Sachiko. I would like to use the BIB cabinet for subwoofer duty. what would happen if I tried to put a Pioneer B20GR30-51F 8" woofer whose Fs
is lower then the FE206E but the Qts and VAS are about the same. The BIB spreadsheet gives a longer line length for the Pioneer but similar
depth and width because Qts and VAS are similar. Would the bass go lower with
the Pioneer? or would it stay the same because the line length is not long
enough?
Thanks
I tried this a year ago. It worked.:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.