Fostex co-axial 8 inch? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2009, 11:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Fostex co-axial 8 inch?

Hello all, had a pair of Fostex RM780 for a couple years as my main daily-drivers and i've really enjoyed them.
I rebuilt and modified the crossovers and these sound simply amazing! better than a FF225K/EV supertweet combo i used previously.

My question is i'd like to build better enclosures for them designed for more extension, as their now in "studio monitor" clothes designed for flatness. How do i even go about this as i have no way to measure their parameters? Can i toss them in MJK's MLTL for the FE206E and forget it? Is having their T/S parameters essential to improving their current state of enclosure? They really are cool drivers; doped accordian surround, paper cone with 3 rubber "half moon" dampers glued to the back of the cone, co-axial ribbon/planar supertweeter, and a magnet similar to a FE206E(which i've also used). Any thoughts?
Old 31st December 2009, 01:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Anyone heard of these drivers?
Old 31st December 2009, 02:29 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Location: kansas city mo, and on occasion, around the world ...
Default might try one of these -

Parts-Express.com:*Dayton WT3 Woofer Tester | CYBER09 parameter testing speaker speaker tester woofer tester woofer tester 2 woofer tester 3 wt2 wt3 www.woofertester.com woofertester.com woofertester3 woofertester2 clio lms linearx melissa mlssa indu

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!