Fostex co-axial 8 inch?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, had a pair of Fostex RM780 for a couple years as my main daily-drivers and i've really enjoyed them.
I rebuilt and modified the crossovers and these sound simply amazing! better than a FF225K/EV supertweet combo i used previously.

My question is i'd like to build better enclosures for them designed for more extension, as their now in "studio monitor" clothes designed for flatness. How do i even go about this as i have no way to measure their parameters? Can i toss them in MJK's MLTL for the FE206E and forget it? Is having their T/S parameters essential to improving their current state of enclosure? They really are cool drivers; doped accordian surround, paper cone with 3 rubber "half moon" dampers glued to the back of the cone, co-axial ribbon/planar supertweeter, and a magnet similar to a FE206E(which i've also used). Any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.