FE127 & Frugel-horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello! i ordered fostex fe127e full range drivers from madisuond but then i got an idea to but them into a frugal horn cabinets.
they are for the fe126.

can this be done??:eek:

Well of course it "can be done" - in fact I think an early builder did so, but if there was to be a blind listening test, I think the consensus would be the FE127E isn't as well suited to this enclosure as the FE126E.

The 127 is much more flexible in terms of enclosure designs & sizes in which it will work well, without correction - EQ ,etc.

The several enclosures that I can recommend from personal build / listening experience for the 127 are Scott Lindgren's Brynn, the Mileva, and the PAWO - and either the floorstander or stand-mounted "prime" Fonken. The first 3 are relatively wide / shallow enclosures that are vented either to the side (PAWO) or front. The floorstander Fonken is a very small footprint design that so far I have built vented both to the front and back.

However, after several years of hearing all of the above designs and others, as well as to other drivers in Fostex family, and more recently Jordan and Mark Audio, the one that works best for my room and listening tastes is the FE127eN Fonken. It's a bit of a trickier build than the Frugelhorns or Brynn, but simply does enough things right for me .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.