anyone know anything about these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw that speaker elsewhere on the web; apparently "not overly great" for the price, though there were some arguments to justify the cost, etc. They should have flush mounted the driver I think. Also, comments were made on the sharp edges, which look better than they sound (baffle diffraction effects).

I heard them at RMAF and thought the sounded pretty decent for what they are. Some of their claims are rather amusing (as part of the pitch, they turned one speaker around backwards and claimed that the sound was the same: "They Have No Sweet Spot!"). DIY can sway ones judgement, but I think there are greater values for the price. Even in the commercial hi-fi world, one can get considerably more for $2,650 than a 3" Tang Band driver in a simple box. That is just my opinion. But, I'm always happy to see more folks appreciating fullrange drivers. Any positive exposure can only be good for all of us!

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.