Second Generation Jordan JX92S MLTL Designs - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2012, 07:17 PM   #31
mikelm is offline mikelm  England
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikelm
Thanks for your replies.

Colin, I know the MLTL will be quite low pressure inside the cabinet. I was more thinking about vibration transmitted directly from the driver exciting the natural resonance of the cabinet - I really don't want the cabinet to vibrate at all

Chris,

Many thanks for your advice - I have carefully studied some of your designs and they have informed my thinking on cabinet design.

For this design I was thinking about a 6mm aluminium front baffle with everything else in 3/4" baltic birch ply.

Can you think of any reason why this would not be a good way to proceed ?

mike
Old 29th March 2012, 07:52 PM   #32
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm View Post
Thanks for your replies.

Colin, I know the MLTL will be quite low pressure inside the cabinet. I was more thinking about vibration transmitted directly from the driver exciting the natural resonance of the cabinet - I really don't want the cabinet to vibrate at all

Chris,

Many thanks for your advice - I have carefully studied some of your designs and they have informed my thinking on cabinet design.

For this design I was thinking about a 6mm aluminium front baffle with everything else in 3/4" baltic birch ply.

Can you think of any reason why this would not be a good way to proceed ?

mike

First - credit for the design work to Dave and Scott Lindgren

Second - were it not for the extra cost and complexity of machining the aluminum, I'd be all over than myself. With some nice CNC milling and powder coating etc, the results could be outstanding.

Hide this!Advertise here!