Guitar cab build!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys! Nice forum BTW! First thread!:p

I am going to build a 212 guitar cab to go under my amp for now and be used in the future with some tube head kits ect.

I have the specs on the speakers that I want to use - celestion gk12k-100s

G12K-100 8ohm
d - 0.26m Sd is equivalent area created by d.
Re - 7ohm
Fs - 85Hz
Qms - 10.25
Qts - 0.53
Qes - 0.56
Mmt - 29g
Cms - 0.13mm/N
Vas - 51litres
Bl - 13.6Tm
Rms - 1.45kg/s
Xmax - 1mm
Pe - 100W

I have some small woodworking experience but no speaker system design experience. However, despite the info on celestions website about disregarding the thiele principle I would like to aim for the best to allow for any mistakes!

I have used a number of programs to work out my dimensions and have been rewarded with different numbers - I plan to use 18mm Baltic birch ply for both the baffle and the walls.

Here are my internal dimensions:

Set 1-
Height = 35.0cm cm
Width = 56.6 cm
Depth = 21.6 cm

got from here:Enclosure Calculator -Closed Back - 2 speakers

And the other set - i used bass box 6 for these

Can anyone tell me yay or nay for either of these sets of values? Then i can hit the local DIY for some wood!

Cheers!

I having seen other cab build threads have a suspicion that this may be in the wrong forum. I would report it but it does not fall under spam ect so i cant. If a mod deems it correct hen could this be moved to the full-range forum?

THansk
Yano

Also BTW
i forgot to actually say, although it is kinda obvious that i am going for a closed system.

1) Wrong forum, I would recommend this be in the Instruments forum.

2) For guitar cabs, stay away from hi-fi design software completely, at least if you want it to sound like commercial gear.

3) When you say that you want a "closed system", you are sure you mean you want the sound of sealed guitar cabs? If so, my advice is to clone a Marshall 1922 or 1936 cabinet with your 12" drivers.

I cant just copy cuz the speakers will die in a close system if they dont have the correct air space to push.

Once again, I think you are confusing things you have read on hi-fi with guitar cabs. They are very different.

If you REALLY insist on optimizing for your drivers, look up the specs on them. If Qts > 0.7 they need to be used open back. If lower, just build them into typical commercial cabinet dimesions. Find a cabinet you like.

Now.. How do i delete it?

Leave it to the mods to do as they care.

EDIT: Ooops, just saw that you posted the specs. Qts=0.53, just clone a commercial closed cab.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.