Floorstander with EL70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

Attachments

• Derwent-Coniston3D.gif
    Derwent-Coniston3D.gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 300
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Maybe my question can be: Differences between single and double mouth BVR

I see you beat me to the link :)

The double mouth will produce extreme low end with a bit more ease because of the greater coupling area. It also requires that you can listen further away to allow the signal from the 2 mouths to integrate.

The other consideration is of course WAF.

dave

I see you beat me to the link :)

The double mouth will produce extreme low end with a bit more ease because of the greater coupling area. It also requires that you can listen further away to allow the signal from the 2 mouths to integrate.

The other consideration is of course WAF.

dave

WAF be damned...I say build the double mouthed BVR. Vertial space typically is free :D

I am in the middle of building some double horns mtm's, a lot better to my ear than any TL I have ever built and i love TLs, worth a look. They are built like the Chang series so it is a short path and easy to build. And yes the air volume is a little large for anything other than a low power tube / gainclone.

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 297
I am in the middle of building some double horns mtm's, a lot better to my ear than any TL I have ever built and i love TLs, worth a look. They are built like the Chang series so it is a short path and easy to build. And yes the air volume is a little large for anything other than a low power tube / gainclone.

I see you have what looks like a 2.5 way in there, what are the drivers and xover? Looking to partner a small tube amp (no bigger than EL84 PP) on modern jazz etc.

Gary

its the angle of the pic, they are Dayton RS125 and Vifa DX25TG-05-04 Bi-amp with a XO at 3.3k they are going into my home theater*Or that was the plan till i found how musical they are* along with a dual horn center, TL rears and a tapped or Khorn sub. Running off a set of SE 6550's at about ~15w rms

[/threadhijack]

Last edited:
well, perhaps the vertical space might be "free", but the listening distance for output of the the 2 mouths and central driver to combine - not always
Also very true.

That formula may be reviewed to add the form factor. The "visible area" must be part of the formula because a slim tower is better accepted even if the area is the same

So elegance for the viewable area is key.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.