The Best Program for Back Loaded Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is the consensus on which program is best for modeling back loaded horns?

I've tried both hornresp and akabak, and the results from both look wonky.

Hornresp doesn't show the comb filtering I would expect, and akabak shows nothing BUT comb filtering.

I've used the worksheets from quarterwave in the past, but I don't have a copy of Mathcad any more.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to model a Unity horn where the woofers aren't sealed. IE, the woofer is mounted on the horn, but the back chamber is absent.

I'm trying to model a Unity horn where the woofers aren't sealed. IE, the woofer is mounted on the horn, but the back chamber is absent.

That's what I've been using Horn Response for lately. Under the "Tools" tab there is an option for driver arrangement. In there, select "Offset horn". You have to enter the values for at least two sections of the horn. The first section will be the area above the driver(i.e. the area from the closed section to the center of the speaker.) The second section will be the area from the driver to the mouth. I have been using this method to model Bass "BiBs". The response looks wonky till you use the "Combined output" tab under the "Tools" section on the spl response screen.

To be honest the plot sometimes looks wonky after I've used Combined Response but that is operator error on my part.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.