Voigt Pipe is looking for new home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
where are the pix ari....where are the pix??? :p hope you are enjoying them sir.
I have to get connectors for them and make cables.

I listened to them for a bit at mkapszewicz's house, as well as some other speakers he had built. They sound quite nice, and I was actually surprised how deep they went without a support sub (I know this is the full range forum) but blended with the one that was added very well too.

I was most impressed by the 2-way open baffles he had made to replace these with using some vintage drivers I cant remember the names of. They threw room cues much better than these, and amazingly well regardless of how they were made.

Both had great soundstage, and image placement. Perhaps most importantly to me, both speakers had image "focus" spot on, with no fuzzy borders around the individual parts of the sound. Very good stuff.

adsc_0007.jpg

adsc_0008.jpg

4" radio-shack full range drivers

port_0008.jpg

Detail of the port. Screws adjust level/vertical aim, and function as spikes. Nice stuff.

Ari, I hope you'll have same much fun and nice surprises (sound-vise) as I had with them.
Enjoy!!!
As for open baffles, currently I'm using 8" alnico Isophones which from time to time getting switched with Goodmanses and Corals.
Every time I'm listening to them I'm getting surprised how well these old timers hold comparing with new drivers.

I agree Crappy! That's a neat idea for spikes! My BIBs are a little 'off' either bc my wood cuts are a little off or the floor in my basement is a little off... probably both! I nailed some shims into their bottoms so they look straight but in another room they will need adjustment again. I think i will yank off the shims and build a little platform with large screws like the pic above and adjust with a wrench. Very cool!

Thanks,
Godzilla

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.