Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 03:16 PM   #71
Account disabled at member's request
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Multiple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingpht View Post
Wow please keep us updated.
If I come around to this again and find the time to revise the drawings and ask for a quote for the magnetic / metal assembly for the original full range / midrange (flat response from 100Hz to 15kHz (still more HF level than many tweeters)) that is usable at high SPL crossed over at 300Hz with 24dB/oct filter or 500Hz with 6db/oct filter or at lower SPL even without crossover - then I may initiate the finishing of 100 units as I have diaphragms and holding cassettes for of this version / model..

I would also need to find someone I trust that could fold, assemble the diaphragms and mount it in the magnetic system... So I expect this "production" most possibly will never become reality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 08:07 PM   #72
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canton Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCtech View Post
If I come around to this again and find the time to revise the drawings and ask for a quote for the magnetic / metal assembly for the original full range / midrange (flat response from 100Hz to 15kHz (still more HF level than many tweeters)) that is usable at high SPL crossed over at 300Hz with 24dB/oct filter or 500Hz with 6db/oct filter or at lower SPL even without crossover - then I may initiate the finishing of 100 units as I have diaphragms and holding cassettes for of this version / model..

I would also need to find someone I trust that could fold, assemble the diaphragms and mount it in the magnetic system... So I expect this "production" most possibly will never become reality.

Hello and good day to you ray. Yes trust is a big issue. I am working on my own proto type speaker boxes for two fullrange drivers. The Fostex Fe103en and Fe126en drivers. I know this one man who would not try to take my design or take me for a ride with my speakers my mentor. In till he has or finds the time beening waiting almost 3 years now I will have to wait. Good luck. N.S.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 05:09 AM   #73
loddie is offline loddie  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCtech View Post
The next time you are in the neighbourhood I expect there will be a working setup you can listen to...
Raymond, I'll be in the neighborhood from April 18-22. Are you near Oslo or Stavenger? I'd like to have a listen if you are willing. Even if your setup is not working, it would be worthwhile to meet. Hoping to make some DIY AMTs soon. Let me know as I hope to book flight tickets soon.

Thanks,

LeRoy
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 08:03 AM   #74
Account disabled at member's request
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Multiple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by loddie View Post
Raymond, I'll be in the neighborhood from April 18-22. Are you near Oslo or Stavenger? I'd like to have a listen if you are willing. Even if your setup is not working, it would be worthwhile to meet. Hoping to make some DIY AMTs soon. Let me know as I hope to book flight tickets soon.

Thanks,

LeRoy
Then we will be in quite different neighborhoods...
Send a PM and we may find a time when we are on the same continent
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 12:19 PM   #75
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member
 
Gyuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Budapest
Hi folks,

This was an unexpected piece of luck, I'm just listening these wonderful devices, connected to my diy FirstWatt J2.
I'm not sure it is also a luck for Ray himself. (Because of some circumstances.)
But it is sure two of us we found a new friend.

Best regards,

Gyuri
__________________
Those who would have deserved the life they are all dead already. "Oh, my dead dears!" - Captain Cat
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 08:28 PM   #76
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCtech View Post
If I come around to this again and find the time to revise the drawings and ask for a quote for the magnetic / metal assembly for the original full range / midrange (flat response from 100Hz to 15kHz (still more HF level than many tweeters)) that is usable at high SPL crossed over at 300Hz with 24dB/oct filter or 500Hz with 6db/oct filter or at lower SPL even without crossover - then I may initiate the finishing of 100 units as I have diaphragms and holding cassettes for of this version / model..

I would also need to find someone I trust that could fold, assemble the diaphragms and mount it in the magnetic system... So I expect this "production" most possibly will never become reality.
I actually talked to my friend who know people in QMS quite a while ago, too bad he/they seems don't believe in the idea of "full range AMT"(could be the same as ADAM), and the other(perhaps more important) thing is that the amount is too small for them. It's your chance to surprise the audio world. Good luck!
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 08:36 AM   #77
Account disabled at member's request
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Multiple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyuri View Post
Hi folks,

This was an unexpected piece of luck, I'm just listening these wonderful devices, connected to my diy FirstWatt J2.
I'm not sure it is also a luck for Ray himself. (Because of some circumstances.)
But it is sure two of us we found a new friend.

Best regards,

Gyuri
Hi Gyuri,

It was just coincidence that I had the first prototype speaker set with me when I ended up in your neighborhood.. Several days with good music, good food, good beer and great company
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 08:47 AM   #78
Account disabled at member's request
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Multiple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingpht View Post
I actually talked to my friend who know people in QMS quite a while ago, too bad he/they seems don't believe in the idea of "full range AMT"(could be the same as ADAM), and the other(perhaps more important) thing is that the amount is too small for them. It's your chance to surprise the audio world. Good luck!
Some sets of the real full range AMT ´only´ speakers with the AMT bass drivers will be built in the near future and then we will discover what is possible or not...
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 08:47 AM   #79
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member
 
Gyuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCtech View Post
Hi Gyuri,

It was just coincidence that I had the first prototype speaker set with me when I ended up in your neighborhood.. Several days with good music, good food, good beer and great company
Yeah, and I don't want more from life!

May be, the weather would be better alittle bit.
__________________
Those who would have deserved the life they are all dead already. "Oh, my dead dears!" - Captain Cat

Last edited by Gyuri; 26th May 2013 at 09:01 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 08:10 PM   #80
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member
 
Gyuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Budapest
Maybe it's still anyone's interested:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=E894C...7D50B65FBF!687
__________________
Those who would have deserved the life they are all dead already. "Oh, my dead dears!" - Captain Cat
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frequency range of the human voice & full range center channel speakers jwmbro Multi-Way 31 20th January 2008 03:07 PM
5.25 full range boxcustom Full Range 0 20th March 2007 09:33 PM
Full Range jered22 Full Range 2 12th January 2005 11:16 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2