Fostex FE167E Help with open baffle needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I recently purchased a pair of these drivers for a song and am considering going "out of the box" with a design. I have a pair of plate amps and the 8" sub drivers (x4, 2 for each amp) for them made by Polk. The came from a pair of damaged RT2000 (I believe) speakers. I am not sure where the crossover point is at the moment for the sub amp/drivers but I was considering trying to use them in a box affixed to an open baffle the 167E's would be mounted to. Kind of like this here:http://pic8.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1251857340.jpg

I am wondering if somebody could tell me what would be required to place these 167E's on an open baffle and if there would be any special crossover needed on the Fostex to do this. Also, help with the dimensions of the OB would be appreciated too (I am not too familiar with this type of design)

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

Hi,

try Edge to simulate your baffle design, here is my quick'n dirty attempt with this driver, there are a few hints over there.

If you'd ask me, when "good sound" is the goal, I would cross at 200-300Hz, which is probably too high for side-basses, so move them to the front.

-Micha

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.