Recognize this Grundig oval?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I just rescued another little grundig console. These are brown cones not the green ones. The cabinet on this one is beyond restoration and the turntable is missing but there are four speakers and a nice radio. Have a good day.

nJ01k.jpg

Thanks Dave, this was saved from an alley in east van. Moving day recently and all... I'll have to look in the morning but what I saw of the front through the grill cloth is a gold-ish colored metal coil former and it visibly extends out of the cone more than usual without a cap. Have to check to say if the cone is ribbed or smooth. I forget how these usually go with two big / two little speaks and only two output xfmrs but probably 2xel84 is right. I have to admit to scavenging a few into little guitar amps over the years including a nice saba with green cones that should have been left alone. Live and learn. The radio on this has the cutest EQ I've ever seen, four band with a stretchy red rubber string between the four dots that gives a visual representation of the curve. Still supple after 40 some years. People are buying $1000 speaks around here these days but if someone was restoring a console that needed these I'd be happy to send them over to atone for the ones I killed :). Sold those green cones though so can't help with a Saba.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.