back loaded horn bass frequency phase - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2009, 05:40 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

>>> Pit I have no idea where your comments are coming from...

He's being sarcastic. I think it's fun.

>>> self-appointed gurus got shot to pieces because you applied math and phys instead of smoke and mirrors...

This is a compliment to MJK... and i think it's kinda clever actually.

>>> As to feet and inches - I still canīt think but metric...

I think Pit's hoping you can make an adjustment to your program for him.

>>> Plus, from what you write I suspect your sub Xover only cuts the sub off and leaves the horns to interfere in midbass...your room interacts with both and you get the puzzling results that cause you headache.

I agree with Pit here and would add you may have to fiddle with the placement of the sub. Mating sub to back horns is never easy. I had better results when my sub was very close to the rear wall. Even 4 or 5 inches seemed to make an audible enhancement. Try corner placement and set volume and frequency low and bring them up slowly, listen a little and adjust as you feel more or less bass is required in the mix. I hope you find the right balance for your room and system. You may give up altogether on the sub idea and find moving your BK16s around provide enough bass. Maybe try them in corners too.

I don't think Pit's got anything but love for this hobby and all the people who participate. This is just another example of why the written word sometimes creates a problem when nothing of the sort was intended.

Godzilla
Old 3rd December 2009, 09:31 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Ah well, I can't complain; self inflicted & all that...
Old 4th December 2009, 12:05 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pit Hinder
Martin, here I stand, throw rotten eggs at me.

I guess my English had a 180° phase shift there - my intention was to ask you NOT to shut up.
This goes back to when you first hinted at working on sheets for simulating horns and I asked you if your work on TLs hadnīt got you enough flames.
Well - the unlamented esoteric TL theories you put into cold and long forgotten graves still rest there and probably wonīt see a resurrection whilst horns based on your math work exactly as predicted - QED.

If any offence was taken, please accept my sincere apologies.

Pit

Hide this!Advertise here!