Tang Band W3-1364SA -- Cyber Monday Deal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a really sweet driver, tons of features and ability here. The price is great. These do fine with no tweeter and no corrective filters, at least on axis and I think they are surprisingly resolved in the treble. Just don't expect a lot of bass but if there's a sub invloved or a woofer thrown into the design you may be surprised. Definitely worth playing around with, IMO.

Wow, the 4" bamboo driver got expensive at $50 each. It sounds great tho. I have the 3" titaniums and they are also very good. I'd imagine the 3" bamboos will sound just as good and maybe better. Having heard the 4" bamboo and the 3" titanium i'd buy the 3" bamboo instead only because i'd expect the treble to sound more like the 4" version which i prefer.

The fostex will probably sound totally different (more forward and faster) but not better... just different.

http://www.zillaaudio.com/tb-1320-bamboo.htm

Godzilla

Last edited:
Would these work in a Cyburgs Needle? I've seen other TB W3-XXX drivers mentioned for the design.

I own a pair of these drivers that I've used for a year now in a small ported box. I'd also like to know if these would work well in the Cyburgs Needle design? After Christmas I plan on scrapping my ported boxes and building some form of a TL for these 3" drivers.

Help!!!!

Guiria: I just bought a pair of these, and I want to build a vented box. What size did you use? I tried using the P-E spec sheet for the drivers (altho it's for the "A", not the "SA") and calculated box size using Ray Alden's great "Speaker Building 201" book. Box size turned out to be 0.22 ft3 or 378 in3, with a tuning frequency of 71 Hz. But then I hooked them up to the Dayton WT-3 woofer tester, and the parameters measured as much as 33% difference from the spec sheet. Does anyone know if the "A" is different from the "SA" driver, or can the manufacturing of a batch of drivers vary that much? I'm not sure what size box to make now, and P-E wasn't any help.
For a TL, did you consider a Zigmahornet design from the Planet-10 site? I built these with Fostex drivers, and they're quite nice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.