Cheap, Fun line array candidate? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2009, 06:30 PM   #1
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Cheap, Fun line array candidate?

JVC Oval Fullrange at PE

There are some good deals in the current PE sales flier. The little oval fullrange caught my eye. It has a fairly low Fs and a not ridiculous Qts for that sort of thing. Claimed response to 16khz. It looks like you could get them really close on a baffle, and at a buck fifty a piece, why not line up a bunch of them? Chances are whatever nasty peaks it has are matched by off axis dips, so a line array might sound decent. The customer reviews mention that you should buy a few extras as there are some duds.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers
Old 18th November 2009, 02:17 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I was thinking the same thing when I saw these. Of course I have way too many speaker projects on the table as it is! And then there are all of the other audio projects. And the house projects, car projects, etc. AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
Old 18th November 2009, 04:22 AM   #3
brookbh is offline brookbh  United States
diyAudio Member

theres a few line arrays on pe techtalk who customers built using these jvc drivers

Hide this!Advertise here!