Caldersound CR12AE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Earlier this year I acquired a pair of Caldersound CR12AE drivers. These are twelve inch full rangers with whizzer cone, cast frame and alnico magnets.

There is very little info out there that I could find. Apparently Coral built them and Caldersound was the importer. I did find some basic specs, but no TS parameter specs.

I would like to give them a listen to before finding them a new home. These Sachiko cabinets I acquired are going to be my daily drivers, and I only run one system. So I don't want to invest a huge amount of money into a cabinet. I hear some people have good results with using them in an OB application.

Anyone got any info on the CR12AE, or a suggestion on the best way to give them a listen to before moving them on?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Regards
Mister Pig

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I did a little digging. mine were CR12TX, looking very similar but with a coaxial tweeter as well as a whizzer.

From the dates on the puter i may have T/S, have to go to my other computer to check that.

dave

Attachments

• coral-calrad-cr12tx.jpg
    coral-calrad-cr12tx.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 176
  • coral-calrad-cr12tx-imp.gif
    coral-calrad-cr12tx-imp.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 162
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.