the newbie and the jaguar - Alpair BVR construction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cyril - while Scott has designed more enclosures than I've built, I think the reverse is also true. ;)

I've found that even with smaller drivers such as the EL70, CHR and CHS70 (Pluvia), that lateral bracing between the two long side panels is well worth the effort. They can be as simple as a couple of thick dowels, or 3/4" x 3" rips from your off-cuts - or you can spend the extra hour or so nicely interlocking the front to back and lateral holey brace panels - am I ever glad I tried that out a few years ago :rolleyes:.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Insides of the Pensil7 that Chris built.

pensil7-braces.jpg

dave

Cyril - while Scott has designed more enclosures than I've built, I think the reverse is also true. ;)

Understatement of the decade there. ;) I have roughly the same woodworking ability as the average giraffe.

I've found that even with smaller drivers such as the EL70, CHR and CHS70 (Pluvia), that lateral bracing between the two long side panels is well worth the effort. They can be as simple as a couple of thick dowels, or 3/4" x 3" rips from your off-cuts - or you can spend the extra hour or so nicely interlocking the front to back and lateral holey brace panels - am I ever glad I tried that out a few years ago :rolleyes:.

Complex it might be, but it works. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.