Very pleased from DIY OB sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks , after finishing the sachikos I tried plain OB's with Beyma 8AGN .
Very satisfying I must say ... they work good with my Paramounts 2A3's .

Somehow cant go back to the sachiko sound ???????????:confused:

Attachments

• DSC05222.JPG
    DSC05222.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 395
Joined 2006
Paid Member
When I 1st looked at the photo I thought that the wife had added some "female touches" to pretty things up. Upon closer inspection it appears that you might have had some assistance from "little people" with marking pens in hand. It's always a good thing when they are introduced to speaker design at such a young age!! On the other hand - it could just be some scrap wood you had laying around waiting it's turn to be part of a project.

Nice work - I like the thought you put into rounding off the corners of the baffle! ;)

Hmmm - how is having the speaker deeply recessed working out for you? I suggest that you round out the edges of that cavity a good bit - or try mounting the speaker to the front of the baffle. That should improve diffraction quite a bit and improve your listening pleasure.

Last edited:
Hi , your right ... I made it from scrap just to see how this construction works ...
Okay ... first I will try to mount the speakers to the front ...

then maybe to the back again rounding off the edges ...

then maybe pick up an idea I saw in the web ... attach a light bulb right in front of the center cone with the help of some wire to hold it in place ...

thanks for the replies ...

Okay , my yamaha cdx 590 and my Acoustic Solid Classic are probably not the greatest players on the planet , but ... the musicians playing acoustic instruments are here in front of me with an authentic sound to their gear ...

Voices are without hifi smudge around the edges ...

Larry Goldings and his colleges Bill Steward and Peter Bernstein are burning a fire I enjoy very much ...

yeah ... now I'm addicted to this OB sound :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.