Audio Nirvana 12 Metronome

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Size isnt too much of a problem, big wide OB is out of the question, I could handle up to the size of the metronome. Tall is good, especially if I can get the driver up a little as well, the room it will be in has a table and chairs that can tend to get in the way sometimes. I have of course seen the cabinets offered by common sense audio. I'm sure they are good, however a little plain looking for my taste!

Yes to the latter. For the former, the AN drivers, irrespective of their sonic merits (or otherwise) often seem when tested by owners to have a substantially higher Q than claimed. That could be one of any number of things; they could be over-stating the specs., manufacturing tolerances might be quite wide, or the home-measuring gear might have different operating criteria, as has been found elsewhere. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
As for the cabinet, can the dimension be changed while retaining the 13.6 cubic feet. I think I would be interested in making them taller and less wide and moving the driver up to around 40" from the floor. If this is possible how does one determine the height of the port to the speaker and the size and length required.

Thanks for the help so far

AN 12CF MLTL. 58in x 16.5in x 24.5in (internal HxWxD). Zd 18in (sub optimal, but puts it at 40in + thickness of cabinet base off the ground). Vent 7in diameter x 0.75in long 3.5in up from internal base. Line top, back & one side-wall with 1in acoustic fiberglass & adjust vent length & damping quantity to taste from there. This is bordering on a pro-audio style alignment. Should do OK.

Attachments

• S12CF MLTL.GIF
    S12CF MLTL.GIF
    16.3 KB · Views: 194
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.