What are the models for a high gain twin pipe resonance tube/back horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems that if one wanted to off load a smaller FR driver with some woofer/sub help, that a twin pipe design could be built as a stand/support for the smaller full range cabinet, the drivers aligned one above the other, with the twin pipe continuous with the bottom and back of the full range cabinet. They would be spooning affectionately and the lack of space in the room for another set of sub-speakers would be obviated. Of course it depends on how tall the front pipe would need to be but my hope is that if it had more girth it might need less height. Though I have a dim sense that this issue is more about the length of the tubes than volumn. But if there were no constraints on the length of the back tube perhaps I could keep the front under 30 inches. (It may be that I just need to adapt something like a smoke stack transmission line, a rectangular Shiva for instance.)

I have a pair of Brynns/4.5" Hemp orphans that I would like to relieve of their mucking about in the low frequency realms below 200Hz and down into whale songs by gently blending them with a pair of mystery ten inch subs that I have and for which I am about to get T/S parameters (when I can get to the equipment).

In the mean time I would appreciate some direction. These twin pipes seem a lot like a BIB, open to the top and bringing the whole ceiling into the act. I would like to figure this out because I see a very pleasant Barcolounger for my Brynn in its future.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.